New board and officers elected at our annual meeting on November 9, 2020
The Guild’s mission is to support and encourage the Maine cheesemaking community. We will do this through development of a collective voice to promote Maine cheese and cheesemakers, educate cheese makers and consumers, coordinate resources and share the joy and art of regional cheeses.
Maine Cheese Guild Meetings
All times Monday from 10:00am – 2:00pm unless otherwise noted.
- December 8, 2019, SUNDAY, 12 noon – 4 pm –Holiday Party at Spring Day Farm in Durham, open to Guild members, their friends and family. Not open to the public.
- January 14, 2020, TUESDAY, 10 am – 12 noon – Agricultural Trade Show, at Augusta Civic Center in Augusta.
- February 17, 2020, Monday, 10 am – 2 pm – Shipyard Tasting Room, Portland
- March 9, 2020, Monday 10 am – 2 pm – Board of Directors Only at Appleton Creamery
April 6, 2020, Monday, 10 am – 2 pm– Cancelled, will reschedules for a later date TBD – University of Maine, Orono.
- May 4, 2020, Monday, 12 noon – 2 pm via Zoom – contact email@example.com for login
- June 16, 2020, TUESDAY, 2 pm – 4 pm via Zoom – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for login
- August 9, 2020, SUNDAY, 11 am – Balfour Farm, Pittsfield. FMI contact Jessie: email@example.com
- November 9, 2020, Monday, 10 am – 2pm, Annual Meeting – Pineland Farms, Bangor
- December 6, 2020, SUNDAY 12 noon – 4 pm, – Imagine Dairy, Warren – Holiday Party open to Guild members, their friends and family. Not open to the public.
General Guild Inquiries:
Phone: (207) 595-2344
Guild Mailing Address:
The Maine Cheese Guild
c/o Jean Koons, Treasurer
795 Pond Rd.
Sidney, ME. 04330
(Please send invoice or account statements directly to the Treasurer.)
Officers and Board of Directors (year elected in parenthesis)
Holly Aker, President (2020)
Local Goods Gathered & Broken Arrow, Portland
Mark Whitney, Vice President (2018)
Pineland Farms Dairy Company Inc., Bangor
Jean Koons, Treasurer (2018)
Kennebec Cheesery, Sidney
Eric Rector, Treasurer
Monroe Cheese Studio, Monroe
Heather Donahue, Secretary (2018)
Balfour Farm, Pittsfield
Beth Calder, Ph.D. (2020)
Extension Food Science Specialist & Associate Professor;
Cooperative Extension & the School Food and Agriculture
University of Maine, Orono
Ed Fredrikson (2020)
Fredrikson Farm, China
Ciana Godin (2020)
Alice & Lulus
9003 Main St, Carrabassett Valley
Annie Lampen (2020)
Gathering Board Maine
Amy Rowbottom (2020)
Crooked Face Creamery, Skowhegan
Sarah Spring (2018)
Spring Day Creamery, Durham