The Guild’s mission is to support and encourage the Maine cheesemaking community. We will do this through development of a collective voice to promote Maine cheese and cheesemakers, educate cheese makers and consumers, coordinate resources and share the joy and art of regional cheeses.
Maine Cheese Guild Meetings
All times Monday from 10:00am – 2:00pm unless otherwise noted. You may find links for each meeting including location maps here.
- December 8, 2019, SUNDAY, 12 noon – 4 pm –Holiday Party at Spring Day Farm in Durham, open to Guild members, their friends and family. Not open to the public. See map here.
- January 14, 2020, TUESDAY, 10 am – 12 noon – Agricultural Trade Show, at Augusta Civic Center in Augusta. See map here.
- February 17, 2020, Monday, 10 am – 2 pm – Shipyard Tasting Room, Portland
- March 9, 2020, Monday 10 am – 2 pm – Board of Directors Only at Appleton Creamery
- April 6, 2020, Monday, 10 am – 2 pm – University of Maine, Orono. See map here.
- May 3, 2020, SUNDAY 10am – 2pm – Copper Tail Farm, Waldoboro. See map here.
- June 16, 2020, TUESDAY, 10 am – 2 pm – Whole Foods Market, Portland, See map here.
- August 9, 2020, SUNDAY, 1o am – 2 pm – Balfour Farm, Pittsfield. See map here.
- October 4, 2020 – Board of Directors Only at Kennebec Cheesery, Sidney
- October 19, 2020, Monday, 10 am – 2 pm – Seal Cove, Lamoine. See map here.
- November 9, 2020, Mondy, 10 am – 2pm, Annual Meeting – Pineland Farms, Bangor. See map here.
- December 6, 2020, SUNDAY 12 noon – 4 pm, – Imagine Dairy, Warren – Holiday Party open to Guild members, their friends and family. Not open to the public. See map here.
(send general inquires to)
The Maine Cheese Guild
c/o Jean Koons, Treasurer
795 Pond Rd.
Sidney, ME. 04330
Phone- (207) 549-3817, please leave message
(please send invoice or account statements directly to the Treasurer)
Officers and Board of Directors (year elected in parenthesis)
Jessie Dowling, President (2018), Board (2018)
Fuzzy Udder Creamery, Whitefield
Mark Whitney, Vice President (2018), Board (2018)
Pineland Farms Dairy Company Inc., Bangor
Jean Koons, Treasurer (2018), Board (2018)
Kennebec Cheesery, Sidney
Heather Donahue, Secretary (2018), Board (2017)
Balfour Farm, Pittsfield
Holly Aker, Whole Foods (2019)
Anne Bossi, Sunset Acres, Brooksville (2018)Beth Calder, University of Maine/Cooperative Extension (2019)
Dorothee Grimm, Silvery Moon Creamery (2019)
Caitlin Hunter, Appleton Creamery (2017)
Eric Rector, Monroe Cheese Studio, Monroe (2019)
Sarah Spring, Spring Day Creamery (2018)