We will have a booth throughout the trade show and host a Guild meeting from 1:00-5:00 on Tuesday, January 10th in the Howard Room. Agenda will include the premier of the 2022 Cheese Business Survey by Atlantic Corporation and a chance to meet and talk with cheese makers!
MESSAGE FROM THE CHEESE GUILD
We all know that farming and life in general can be very stressful. With the recent news of yet another member of our farming and cheese making family passing as a result of taking their own life, we want to offer the resources below as a starting place for those in need. If you or someone you know needs help, please reach out to these folks:
1. Kennebec Cheesery at Koons Farm ( Sidney) Chèvre
2. York Hill Farm (Washington) – Dairy Duet
3. ChiGoBee Farm (Pownal) – Plain Chèvre
Arkeo Farm (Sidney) – Plain Chèvre
FLAVORED FRESH CHEESE
1. Fuzzy Udder Creamery (Whitefield) – (Appleton recipe) Chevre in Oil
2. Yellow Birch farm (Deer Isle) – Garlic & Herb Chevre
3. Yellow Birch farm (Deer Isle) – Honey Lemon Chevre
York Hill Farm (Washington) – Garlic & Herb Dairy Duet
1. Three Charm Farm (Alfred)
2. Copper Tail (Waldoboro)
3. Flying Goat Farm (New Gloucester) Plain Chevre
Dreamin Fahm Dairy and Creamery (Wilton)
SOFT RIPENED CHEESE: Bloomy
1. Spring Day Creamery (Durham) - Out & About
2. Fuzzy Udder Creamery (Whitefield) – Waldo Smog
3. Springdale Farm (Waldo) – Triple Crème
York Hill Farm (Washington) – iNiZio
WASHED RIND CHEESE
1. Kennebec Cheesery at Koons Farm (Sidney) – Old Speck
2. Balfour Farm ( Pittsfield) – Cider Washed Gouda
3. Spring Day Creamery (Durham) – Mean Old Tomme
Fuzzy Udder Creamery (Whitefield) – Cyclone
AGED NATURAL RIND CHEESE
1. Balfour Farm (Pittsfield) – Pine Tree
2. Kennebec Cheesery at Koons Farm (Sidney) – Sugarloaf Mountain
3. Silvery Moon Creamery (Westbrook) – Fore River Tomme
Cosmic Goat Farm & Creamery ( Litchfield)- Beltane
CHEDDAR (Flavored & Aged)
1. Balfour Farm (Pittsfield) – Cotswald
2. Pineland Farms Dairy Co. (Bangor) – 4-year Aged Cheddar
3. Pineland Farms Dairy Co. (Bangor) – 3-year Aged Cheddar
Balfour Farm (Pittsfield) – Smokey Ghost
1. Spring Day Creamery (Durham) – Blue
2. Fuzzy Udder Creamery (Whitefield) – Polar Vortex
3. Spring Day Creamery (Durham) – Deja Blue
Lakin’s Gorges Cheese (Waldoboro) – Cascadilla Bleu
BEST IN SHOW: The highest score cheese by the top 5 judges.
Kennebec Cheesery at Koons Farm (Sidney) – Old Speck
Old Speck was made in limited production with cow’s milk from Jean’s neighbor at Woodside Farms. The rind is washed with Orono Brewing Co. Tubular IPA.
You can learn more about the Awards and how they worked here. The Maine Cheese Festival and Awards is the Maine Cheese Guild's premiere fund raising event. We thank you cheesemakers and enthusiasts for you all for your support.
Thanks to these Generous 2022 Maine Cheese Festival and Awards Sponsors
VISIT THESE MAINE CHEESE GUILD SUPPORTING PARTNERS
Their generous membership support helps the Guild keep growing.
MAINE CHEESE GUILD MISSION STATEMENT
The Guild’s mission is to support and encourage the Maine cheesemaking community. We will do this through development of a collective voice to promote Maine cheese and cheesemakers, educate cheese makers and consumers, coordinate resources and share the joy and art of regional cheeses.
Maine Cheese Guild Statement Related to Local Food Ordinances
"The Maine Cheese Guild stands by its Quality Statement, issued in May 2009, with regard to the Local Food Ordinance proposals we have seen, and to the legislative bills introduced for the 2011 session (LD330 and LD366)."...